PTV Vision products do not use any personal data. Furthermore, we do not collect any personal data about the user of the application. PTV therefore cannot track which person sent the data or which organization the person is employed by.
In order to be able to link the data of the same user, we assign an anonymous technical key as a user ID. The key does not allow any inferences to be made regarding the person, organization or location.
The collected data can be divided into five groups:
- Computer-related data: We collect key data on your hardware environment, such as processor type, main memory, screen resolution and graphics card. Your operating system version is also gathered. Your IP address is not part of the usage data and is not saved. However, to be able to evaluate data by region, we do transmit the country in which the computer is located.
- Session-related data: We save the product being used with its precise program version and the language to which it is set. We communicate which add-on modules are active.
- Interaction data: We gather information on which dialogs, buttons and menu commands are being used and how long a dialog remains open. The data presented in the dialogs is not transmitted.
- Procedure-related data: We measure the duration of time-consuming operations, such as simulations or assignments. We collect data on how often each operation type is executed. The values of individual key procedure parameters (e.g. assignment variant) are also transmitted.
- Model-related data: We collect approximate network sizes (rounded values) to link them to operation runtimes. Since we know that our users' models are extremely sensitive data, we will not collect specific model data at any time or even transmit network files.
As a user, you can track in detail what data is being collected at any time. To do this, activate the corresponding file output in the user settings.