1. PTV Visum 2020 is supported on Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (latest release), Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server Version 1903.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 und Windows Server Version 1903
Only the only 64bit version is available: http://vision-traffic.ptvgroup.com/en-uk/training-support/support/ptv-visum/faqs/visfaq/show/VIS13275/
2. The user must have administrator privileges when installing PTV Visum. If you are uncertain of your user level, check the User Accounts in the Control Panel or contact your administrator.
3. The license activation procedure usually requires an internet connection.
4. A current version of the firmware must be installed on the dongle. An internet connection is required for updating the firmware.
5. The minimum screen resolution to run Visum is 1024 x 768.
6. Hardware requirements and recommendations:
- Dongle protection: One fully functional USB Port or access to network license server
Minimum system requirements:
- Processor with support for SSE3, e.g. at least Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64 or AMD Opteron
- 1 GHz processor (CPU) speed
- 512 MB memory
- 1 GB free hard drive space (compact installation)
Recommended system requirements:
- 2 GHz (or higher) processor (CPU) speed or more recent multi-core processor, e.g. Intel Core i7-6700 or Intel Core i7-7700K
- 16 GB RAM, at least 128 GB on a Windows Server in a multi-user environment
- 2 GB free hard drive space (full installation)
- Sufficient hard drive capacity (possibly on SSD) for project data
No dedicated graphic card necessary, the integrated processor graphic card is usually sufficient. Only the 3-D network view depends on a current graphics driver, supporting OpenGL, please refer to:
Only in case of parallel monitors a dedicated graphic card might be reasonable.
7. Virtual or physical machine:
PTV Visum can be operated in virtualized environments, as long as license access (to a license server) is guaranteed.
Full computing capacity can only be exploited on a physical machine, which is to be preferred.